Some habits you should build up and some habits you should give up. Both building up and giving up bad habits will help you to improve your health. Like building a habit of walking, you should give up the habit of consuming too much alcohol.
Today, we will present such 10 bad habits which will negatively affect your body and mind.
Consuming alcohol negatively affects body, mind, and brain. It has also social effects. You will face severe heart diseases for consuming alcohol.
It is important to understand the Blood Alcohol Content (BAC). The side effects of consuming alcohol depend on the tolerance level of the person. A person with a high BAC can control the behavior after consuming alcohol.
Every part of your body can understand the effects of consuming alcohol. Sometimes people can understand the damages of internal organ at the last stages. It then is a matter of sorrow for the person that there has no way to come round from these stages.
The effects of alcohol
Blurred vision, slurred speech, imbalance walking, impaired memory are the primary symptoms of alcohol.
- Blackouts and Memory Lapse: After a few drinks, alcohol can generate detectable impairments in memory. With the increases in consuming alcohol, the degree of the impairments increases. If you consume a heavy amount of alcohol in time of empty stomach, it can produce a blackout.
- Liver Diseases: A people with continuously consuming heavy alcohol can face serious liver diseases. For the reasons of excessive alcohol consumptions, you may face liver cirrhosis.
Using Smartphone Before Going To Bed:
Using a smartphone before going to bed is becoming a bad habit for young people. Young people want to engage them all the time in social media. You want to get all the information instantly and want to provide all the information to the people.
But this bad habit is destroying our sleeping pattern. We take our smartphone to see one or two contents but we can’t stop ourselves after some times. We feel strong eagerness to see the attractive content on the web.
Though you want to see the important emails or play your favorite game within some minutes, sometimes you engage in the smartphone for more than 2 to 3 hours.
The Negative Effects of Using A Smartphone Before Sleep
- Negative Effects on the Eyes: The habit of using smartphones before sleeping not only destroys the sleeping pattern, it can damages your eyes even can lead to cancer.
- Destroys the Sleeping Pattern: When you continuously use smartphones before sleeping, it changes your sleeping cycle. There are many side effects of improper sleeping. Improper sleeping increases the risk of high pressure. You will feel sleepiness all the time in your work time. Besides, the effectiveness of your work decreases if you can’t sleep properly.
Wearing Tight Clothes:
Wearing tight clothes is sometimes fashion. People especially young people want to wear the latest designer clothes.
But wearing tight clothes can decrease blood pressure. The blood circulation of the body can be hampered by tight clothes. Tight skinny jeans and body-hugging clothes are now trendy for young people. Though some people want to wear relaxed clothes, most of the young people want to wear body-hugging dresses.
Any tight clothes including undergarments, tops, and jeans are harmful to health. Primarily, it causes pain on muscles and bones. It hinders to properly grow the tissues of the skin.
Tight clothes are severely harmful to pregnant women. Pregnant women can face serious health problems if they don’t wear comfortable dresses.
Dr. Rachna Pande has said that tight brassieres are responsible for breast cancer. People can also suffer from fungal infections because of tight undergarments.
People life is highly driven by survival and sex. Today the industries of the fragrance are want to attract people by saying that perfume is one of the best ways to attract one’s partner to engage sex.
But all kinds of perfume are not bad.
Sometimes headaches, nausea, forgetfulness; eye, nose, and throat irritation is the result of the exposure to fragrance chemicals. Fragrance can also result in respiratory symptoms and loss of coordination. Some fragrance ingredients can trigger asthma attacks and can cause serious conditions.
Sometimes fragrance can be harmful to the person who breathes in the chemicals as secondhand users.
Eating Late At Night:
You should not eat dinner late at night. If you take your dinner early at night, you may sleep better.
Researchers have suggested that the habit of eating late at night can increase the risk of heart disease and diabetes. You know both glucose and insulin level causes type 2 diabetes.
Researchers have also found that participants who ate later at night had gained more weight and increased levels of insulin, glucose, and cholesterol.
You should not eat later at night for the following reasons:
- This habit creates acid reflux.
- This increases the risk of a heart attack.
- It makes you hungrier the next day.
- It increases the level of insulin.
- It is responsible for type 2 diabetes.
So, researchers have recommended eating dinner between 7 pm to 8 pm. There is a proverb that If it is important to you what you eat then it is more important how we take our meal. So, take your meal at the proper time.
Skimping On Sleep:
Good and sleep is an important part of good health. It is as important as doing proper exercises and eating healthy foods.
Poor sleep can cause many problems. Good sleep can improve your productivity and efficiency. Good sleep lessens the risk of many problems including heart diseases and the risk of type 2 diabetes.
Let’s see why people should sleep well.
- Good sleep improves your concentration and lessens the risk of being fat.
- Assuage the risk of heart diseases.
- Good sleep removes depression.
- We can lessen the risk of Type 2 diabetes by good sleeping.
Eating Too Much Sweat Food
Eating too much sugar or sugar-related food is bad for health. We know sugar is called as a slow poison. The people who are suffering from obesity should not eat sugar-related food. It gives you instant energy but it can cause many diseases.
Though some people say there has no relation between consuming sugar and type 2 diabetes, there has an indirect relation between consumption of sugar and being type 2 diabetes. When you will eat too much sugar or sugar-related food, you will become fat. Fat people can’t move easily. And the inactivity of the people is one of the most important reasons for type 2 diabetes.
So, let’s see the reasons for why we should not eat too much sugar.
- Weight gain: Consumption of sugar increases hunger. So we eat more food to satisfy our hunger. Then we gain more weight.
- Visceral fat: American Heart Association has published their research saying drinking sugar-sweetened beverages has linked to increasing particular type of fat( visceral fat) in the body.
- Type 2 diabetes: We have already said sugar-related food increases the risk of obesity. And fat people can’t move more frequently. Less movement is one of the causes of type 2 diabetes.
- Increase the risk of Heart Diseases: Obesity, high blood pressure, inflammation are the main reasons for heart diseases. Consumption of sugar-related food causes obesity, high blood pressure, and inflammation.
- Increase the risk of Cancer: Eating too much sugary food and beverage causes insulin resistance, inflammation, and obesity. Endometrial can happen for the consumption of sugar-related food.
Stop Eating Too much Salt:
Without salt, we don’t get enough taste in food. But it is also known to all eating too much salt is bad for health. World Health Organization has recommended not to intake too much salt.
Intake too much sodium and intake less potassium both are responsible for high pressure. High pressure increases the risk of stroke and heart diseases. WHO has said to intake salt less than 5 g per day. If people intake less than 5 g salt, it is possible to prevent 1.7 million death per year.
So, you should stop eating more than 5 g salt per day. At the beginning of building this habit, you will not get enough taste in your food. But you will be used to this habit after some days.
Stop eating Saturated fat
Take the consumption of total fat intake not more than 30 % of total energy intake. The Habit of intake of more than 30% of total energy can cause unhealthy weight gain. Taking too much fat can increase the risk of developing NCDs.
You can reduce the risk of NCDs by following the following rules.
- Take trans-fats to less than 1 percent of total energy intake.
- Keep the consumption of saturated fats to less than 10 % of your total energy intake.
- Intake more unsaturated fats instead of saturated fat.
There are many types of fats. Saturated fat and unsaturated fat are two of them. Saturated fat is harmful to health. You should intake unsaturated fat instead of unsaturated fat.
Eating fewer Fruits and Vegetables
Your body needs enough dietary fiber for your health. Fresh fruits and vegetables reduce the risk of NCDs.
You will get enough vitamins, minerals from the fruits and vegetables. You can eat fruits and vegetables by different like making salad and cooking foods.
Lettuce, spinach, cabbage, cauliflowers, Brussels sprouts, potato are some good vegetables.
Apple, pears, strawberries, watermelons, plums are some good fruits.
Thanks for reading all the content. We are not saying that you have all the bad habits described above. If you have some of the habits, you should change those habits.
Building a habit is not possible overnight. At the same time giving up bad habits are not possible overnight. So, try to understand the negative effects of the habits and list the benefits of giving up these habits.
Hope you will be successful in giving up bad habits.